Whether constructing new churches, renovating buildings or upgrading power systems, developing religious facilities requires specialized skills. That's why construction managers, general contractors, and religious facility owners and managers have relied on Roman Electric since 1929 for skilled design and construction.
Roman electrical engineers and designers can provide customized electrical power, production and lighting systems to fit your need and desires. Then Roman's highly trained electricians install the new or renovated systems.
Electrical construction by Roman includes the most effective distribution of power, maximum safety, use of highly efficient materials and tooling, compliance with all local codes, and complete customer satisfaction.
St. John Chrysostomos Greek Orthodox Monastery is a beautiful new 30,000 sq. ft. facility on an 80 acre site at 4600 93rd St. in Pleasant Prairie. The complex includes the 10,000 sq. ft. church, an arts and crafts store, a multipurpose room and the large residential wing. It was designed by Roula Alakiotou of Roula Associates Architects in Chicago.
The magnificent Byzantine style church features eight domes, clay tile roofs, and impressive exteriors made with local stone. Work began long before building construction started when the congregation brought in craftsmen from Greece to hand carve the church’s wooden chairs and panels, and ornate stone work.
The church hired Roman Electric’s Racine/Kenosha Division to handle the electrical work. Division vice president Bernie Cleppe said the job was challenging because the open expanse of the church offered few walls and ceilings in which to conceal the electrical wiring for power and lighting.
The Enduring Beauty of St. Josaphat Basilica
That landmark tribute to faith and architectural design, St. Josaphat Basilica at S. 6th and Lincoln, has undergone several “restore the glory” renovations over the years.
Considered by many to be the grandest and most glorious church in Wisconsin - and the only Basilica – it was dedicated in 1901. Besides its breathtakingly beautiful interior, it has a dome nearly as high as the State Capitol’s and seats 2500 people, the largest capacity in the city.
Roman Electric has been active in the renovations. During one restoration Roman replaced the antiquated electrical wiring with a new 800 amp electrical service and distribution system, programmable solid state lighting controls, and new wiring where accessible. More recently Roman electricians again updated wiring, and replaced and readjusted electrical fixtures and lamps.
St. Augustine’s Now Has Lighted Clock on Bell Tower
After 99 years, Saint Augustine of Hippo Catholic Church, 2530 S. Howell Ave., has a new lighted clock on its bell tower. The clock face had been there since 1908 and the church finally had the clock mechanism put in late last year. They hired Roman Electric to install electricity and lighting for night-time viewing.
“Roman sure did a fine job,” said Fr. Jan Kieliszewski, pastor. “They explained how they would light the clock and then very efficiently did it.” Roman project manager was Barry Dickenson. Electricians Mike Blankenmeyer and Rick Woznicki installed the power and lighting system.
A Crew of Highly Skilled Electricians
Continuous Training with an Emphasis on Safety
A fleet of 50 Service and Bucket Trucks
A staff of Professional Engineers, Designers and Technicians
Full Service Design/Build Capability
Wisconsin's Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Experts